This holiday season, being healthy and guarding the health of the people around you is the best present.
There is no doubt that this year’s celebrations will be different because of COVID-19. Do not risk becoming infected just for going out to gatherings where the virus could be present. Let us not risk our families and celebrate at home instead. Remember that by taking care of yourself you are also taking care of your loved ones.
Social gatherings with friends and family increase the risk of spreading COVID-19. Many people travel from far away by plane or bus, which means that they had to go through some bus station or airport.
If we do end up receiving visits, consider the following:
- Place their belongings, such as purses, bags and coats in a place far away from the common areas.
- Wash your hands with water and soap.
- Wear a face mask inside the house.
- Keep a safe distance at all times.
- Open windows and doors for better ventilation.
- Avoid singing or yelling.
Keep in mind that there will be better times for us to get together again. Let us not take risks, even more if there are seniors or high-risk people in our family.