M3’s process group has a world-class reputation for developing highly reliable process plant designs, as well as innovative concepts for novel processes. M3’s experience extracting and refining materials with untapped potential into valuable products is founded in expertise in the following fields:
- Project Management
- Separation (Physical/Chemical/Electrical)
- Health/Environmental Protection
- Plant Design
Clients consistently trust M3 to solve unique sets of challenges for existing plants with simple yet elegant solutions that increase throughput while also enhancing worker safety and safeguarding the environment and nearby communities.
Start to Finish—Across Industries
M3 is a recognized veteran plant design firm, experienced in the extraction and production of precious metals, base metals, industrial minerals, rare-earth minerals, and other mineral products including lithium, graphite, potash, cobalt, and vanadium. From performing trade-off and viability studies to commissioning and client operations team training in the field, our group is active in all phases of project development. Other supporting process design experience includes food, agriculture, chemical, and manufacturing industries.
Examples of our plant design and operation experience include:
- Mineral Concentrators – Crushing, Grinding, Flotation, Thickening, Filtration and Other Techniques, SX-EW and other Hydrometallurgical Plants
- Extractive Leaching (Agitated and Heap) and Oxidation (Pressure and Atmospheric) Facilities
- Precious Metal Plants (Carbon, Resin, Merrill-Crowe)
- Refineries – Smelters* and Roasters
- High Temperature Equipment and Dryers – Cement and Metal Processing Plants
- Water/Wastewater Treatment for Reclaim or Environmental Discharge
- Manufacturing Facilities
*M3 has provided engineering services to many of the copper smelters in the American Southwest. This locally obtained, specialized experience has been applied in smelter operations/design worldwide.