IMPORTANT: If you are traveling by car you must still follow the preventive measures established to avoid the spread of COVID-19.
Whether you travel in your own car, by taxi, or using a private service from an app (for example: Uber), you must consider the following:
- If you require a car service provided by somebody else to travel, sanitize your hands with hand sanitizer, wear a face mask and do not touch any parts from the vehicle such as the dashboard or door handles unless it is necessary.
- Make sure that the windows are down when the vehicle arrives, just to confirm that the vehicle was ventilated after its last service. Ask the driver to lower the windows if you feel like the car requires ventilation.
- Avoid traveling in groups or in the front seat to respect a safe distance.
- If it is your car, try disinfecting it often, pay attention to the surfaces you are more in contact with, such as the wheel, buttons or door handles, seat back, stereo or touchscreen. You may use sanitizing wipes for this.
- Try to always carry additional sanitizing material, such as hand sanitizer and wipes in case there are any passengers riding with you.
- Check the air conditioning system in your car, you may take advantage of the opportunity to service it and change the air filters.
Take care, let us all take care of each other.