Whether we are working at the office or from home, it is important not to put our guard down and keep taking care of ourselves and our coworkers and family members.
The main way the virus is propagated is from person to person, through tiny respiratory drops generated when coughing, sneezing or talking.
It is possible to become infected with COVID-19 when touching a surface or object contaminated with the virus and then touching your face, mouth, nose or eyes.
Asymptomatic people can transmit the virus.
How to clean and disinfect
- Use disposable gloves to clean and disinfect.
- Clean surfaces with water, soap and then disinfectant.
- Cleaning with water and soap reduces the number of germs, dirt and impurities over the surface. Disinfection kills germs on surfaces.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces often.
- It might be necessary to clean and disinfect more often based on level of use.
- Surfaces and objects in public spaces, such as shopping carts and keyboards in stores, must be cleaned and disinfected prior to each use.
- Frequent contact surfaces include:
- Tables, doorknobs, light switches, door handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, sinks, etc.
- To disinfect use a domestic disinfectant listed among the approved against SARs-CoV-2, the virus causing COVID-19.
- Follow the instructions on the label to guarantee a safe and efficient use of the product.
Many products recommend:
- Keeping the surface moist for a while (review product tag).
- Precautions such as the use of gloves and ensure to properly ventilate environments while the product is in use.
- Always read and follow the instructions on the label to ensure a safe and efficient use of the product.
- Use protection for the skin and consider using eye protection in case of dangerous spills.
Ensure proper ventilation.
Do not use a greater amount than the one recommended on the label.
Use room temperature water for dilution (unless indicated otherwise on the label).
Avoid mixing chemical products
Tag diluted solutions properly.
Store and use chemical products outside the reach of children and pets.
You must never ingest, drink, breathe or inject these products into the body or apply them directly over skin, since they could cause serious damage. Do not clean or wash your pets with these products or any other product that has not been approved for use on animals.
Remember to clean and disinfect your mobile devices.
Let us all take care of each other.